|About - Our Ministries|
Rev. Kenneth Hollingshed
Boys to Men Mentoring was created to guide boys ages 7-18 years of age through their passage to manhood. We provide boys with mentoring and modeling so that they learn integrity, accountability, compassion and respect. We help boys develop responsibility and guide them toward healthy manhood.
The challenge for boys in today's world is greater than ever. Boys have too few positive role models and far too many negative examples of masculinity. Gangs, drugs, negative media images, Internet pornography, and teen pregnancies compound this critical time in a young man's life. Too many good boys find themselves on a path they may not have chosen if they had a mentor to help them see their options, weigh consequences and make positive choices.
- Divorce rates are over 50%
- Over 40% of families are single parent with mom as head of the household.
- Boys are seeking honor and respect through threats and acts of violence. When a young man takes a risk, he is begging for attention.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs continues to be a rite of passage for many boys.
- Boys suffer from sadness, fear and anger in a culture of cruelty and are taught not to express their feelings
- Fewer healthy mature men are taking on a mentoring role to guide and nurture boys
Projected outcome of intervention
Our vision is to cultivate a community of men who teach, support, mentor and encourage boys to become compassionate, accountable men.
Last Updated (Friday, 15 October 2010 11:03)